Swire has a long-established reputation for integrity, professionalism and innovation, setting standards for operational excellence wherever we do business. We pride ourselves on being original and forward-looking – qualities that have guided our operations for close to 200 years.
Swire is a highly diversified global group. Many of our core businesses can be found within the Asia Pacific region, where traditionally Swire's operations have centred on Hong Kong and Mainland China. Within Asia, Swire's activities come under the group's publicly quoted arm, Swire Pacific Ltd. Elsewhere in the world, many businesses are held directly by parent company, John Swire & Sons Ltd., in Australia, Papua New Guinea, East Africa, Sri Lanka, the U.S.A. and U.K.
John Swire & Sons is headquartered in the U.K. It is responsible for formulating and directing overall group strategy and provides a range of services including recruitment, employment and training of staff for the group and its subsidiaries. The group employs over 129,000 people worldwide.
Area head offices
- Beijing – John Swire & Sons (China) Ltd.
- Hong Kong – John Swire & Sons (H.K.) Ltd.
- Papua New Guinea – John Swire & Sons (PNG) Ltd.
- Singapore – John Swire & Sons (S.E. Asia) Pte Limited
- Sydney – John Swire & Sons Pty. Ltd.
- Taiwan – Swire Group Taiwan
- U.S.A. – John Swire & Sons Inc.
- View Organisational Chart
Publicly listed companies
- Swire Pacific Ltd.
- Swire Properties Ltd.
- Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd.
- Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd.